Mobility and Multimedia Cluster
The Mobility and Multimedia Cluster (MMCluster) was founded in 2007 to unite the research and development competencies of Hungarian mobile and multimedia technology actors and – based on these competences – to support the (global) market introduction of Hungarian inventions.
A high priority objective of MMCluster is to inspire mobile technology and new media innovation and to support through innovation management, business planning and resource allocation the national and international market introduction and utilization of world-class developments of cluster members. As of today MMCluster has become one of the largest cooperation in Hungary, having a total of 62 members – among them large telecommunication and information technology companies, small- and medium-sized enterprises focused on info-communication innovation and universities maintaining research centres.
The MMCluster is an open organization; new members can join through a multi-step process which reveals to innovation potential of the to-be member. MMCluster is consciously building its relationship with such clusters, for which info-communication technologies are becoming ever more important in increasing their competitiveness. As a result, MMCluster has established strategic cooperation with decisive clusters in the healthcare, vehicle and logistics sectors.
Focus areas: mobile technology applications, multimedia content provisioning, applications related to intelligent and safe traffic, ICT solutions supporting daily activities, green IT solutions.
The international development strategy tools and objectives:
- Initiating international R&D&I projects in European programs (FP7, AAL, CIP etc.);
- Providing consultancy support and partnership building support for international market expansion actions of SME members ;
- Establishing and utilizing relationships with foreign ICT clusters to initiate cooperation in proposals and business ;
- Represeneting cluster members at international project partnering events, business match making events and trade fairs ;
- MMCluster also has a Brussels representation to foster the utilization of EU programs.